Please contact us by: -
Telephone 01626 832665
Fax 01626 834232
Post Musket Road, Heathfield, Newton Abbot, TQ12 6SB
Our school motto is ‘Dream, Believe, Achieve’, a philosophy that underpins all that we do.
St. Catherine’s is a Church of England School and is proud to have been caring for and educating the children of Heathfield for over 100 years. During this time the school has been extended and modernised and now occupies a new site where it is the heart of the local community.
St. Catherine’s is part of the very successful ‘United Schools Federation’, (USF) working alongside our partner school, St. Michael’s C of E Nursery and Primary School in Kingsteignton and St Mary’s C of E Primary School, Brixton, Devon. All schools work closely together in many ways which increases the opportunities that every child in the federation receives. St. Michael’s is an outstanding school following it’s 2011 Ofsted inspection.
The federation works very well and it’s strength is the links that have been been made at all levels of the school. The schools work together under the banner of…
“Aiming Higher…Achieving More…Together”
We are proud of our school environment. On our site we have a large playground, 2 play trails, an outside classroom, a pond and a large sports field. Every classroom has its own garden too and the children take pride in maintaining and developing these spaces. The environment is used regularly to support children’s learning.
We work hard to ensure that children enjoy school and make very good progress while they are here. We have a nursery and admit children into school on a part-time basis from the term after their third birthday. We have an inspirational curriculum and have invested heavily in ICT. All children have regular access to computers and the children in Year 5 and 6 are provided with their own notebook computer which they use at school.
St. Catherine’s was inspected in November 2011 by OFSTED. We were judged as ‘Good’ with many ‘outstanding features’. In December 2011 our school was also inspected by SIAS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools) and judged ‘Good’, confirming the high quality of our Church School provision. Ofsted Report November 2011
The school also offers a morning club called the ‘Early Birds’ club. This is an exciting club for families who may need to drop their children to school early. The club runs every day at a cost of £2 per child. The children have the opportunity to take part in all sorts of fun activities and games before school.
The club has been very popular so far with the children who have used it. One child even said…”This is better than being at home!”
Key Features –
• Venue – the school hall. Access will be through the hall door located in the main school reception area.
• Start time is 8.15am. Children must be brought to school and signed in by a parent/carer.
• End time is 8.50am (when the playground bell rings). Children will be delivered to their classroom by the member of staff.
• Cost – £2 per child per session.
• Payment will be non-refundable unless your child is ill or there are other exceptional circumstances.
• There will be a limit of 8 places per day. Pre-booking will be the only way to guarantee a place for any particular day. Children need to be signed in at the school office by the end of the previous day. Payment will need to be made at the time of booking.
• The children will have access to a range of activities. There will also be opportunities for the children to do their homework if needed.
We would like to welcome you to our school and hope that your child’s time with us will be happy and fulfilling.
Head of School